[lbo-talk] HELP! MOM!! THERE ARE LIBERALS UNDER MY BED!!!

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 08:19:25 PDT 2005

On 9/20/05, John Lacny <jlacny at earthlink.net> wrote:

> This "prohibition" is, of course, non-existent, but it's reported as if it
> were true. The ban is on public school-organized prayer.

To read David Limbaugh tell it though in his best seller, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0895261111/qid=1127228225/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-9065877-8903029?v=glance&s=books&n=507846 Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War Against Christianity, " (Buy new: $17.61 Used & new from $1.50, wow, cheap, I'll buy a copy as a gag gift for my left-liberal atheist step-Dad who rails against fundies at the drop of a dime) Christians are being fed to the lions daily in the USA.

Attending St. Mary's Catholic Church (F. Scott Fitzgerald buried there, btw) in Rockville, MD., in the the period just after Vatican II , I overheard alot of grumbing from Latin Mass Catholic traditionalists when masses with guitar strumming teenagers singing Bob Dylan and Peter, Paul and Mary songs happened. The Catholic church my step-Mom attends and my Dad did in Camarillo, Ca. (full of those big multiplex sized Protestant fundie megachurches) passes out bookmarks w/ a photo of the martyred Archbishop Romero of El Salvador. Ranting, railing w/ my Dad during college about US imperialism, the Contras, the slaughter in El Salvador by d'Aubisson's death squads, using secular left sources, only triggered his USAF and Cardinal Spellman era anti-communism, but, sermons by the Catholic priest against the repression, injustice and USG support for it in Central and South America, as well as seeing movies like, "Missing, ", on Chile, "Salvador, " from Oliver Stone and, "Under Fire, " w/ Nick Nolte and Gene Hackman on the FSLN and Somoza, had all the effect that say, making him watch, "The Battle of Chile, " wouldn't. -- Michael Pugliese