[lbo-talk] HELP! MOM!! THERE ARE LIBERALS UNDER MY BED!!!

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 20 10:33:51 PDT 2005

> Doug Henwood quotes someone (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, perhaps?):
>
> > She also points to the prohibition on prayer in school

This "prohibition" is, of course, non-existent, but it's reported as if it

were true. The ban is on public school-organized prayer.

John Lacny

It's not much of a ban either. The last High-School graduation I attended this May had a school-organized prayer and the graduation ceremony was held in the school gymnasium. My niece (the graduate I was there to see) did mention this fact to the faculty during the planning stages of the event. The school principal actually laughed at her and told her it wouldn't be a problem and she should try not to worry about it. It was a public school. There hasn't been a graduation from any of the private school attending nieces and nephews yet so I'll have to wait to see what happens there.

John Thornton