[lbo-talk] Contemporary forms of female self-objectification

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Sep 20 11:08:22 PDT 2005

Further from Tamika:

I see. Yes men taking advantage of women can't be ignored. But it goes on everyday. And although the people are quite involved I still have not read nor do I have a solution for this problem. Only to stay true to self and fight for your rights. But it will probably always be a struggle for women regarding some men (not all) trying to take advantage.

My girl friend and I were talking about the problems of men in our relationships. Even the best of men try to see how far a women will let them go. We were frustrated by it. But we both agreed that we certainly don't want to live without men. We want them around because there are certain things that only a man can provide. This does not neccessarily hold true with politics, and other world matters but it affects the woman that might be in the forefront of world matters. Please believe me when I tell you. Men and women need each other. As different as we are we need each other. To balance each other out. So we should cut out this stuff as to rather we will ever be equal. I might get bad mouthed because of this but to tell you the truth there are some ways I don't want to be equal. I am a woman. Men are stronger physically. I can't and have no desire to compete with that fact. When it comes to emergency situations women and children come first. I like it like that. I feel that men and women should love each other for who they are. Make up, bras, shaved privates are petty subjects. If we were to love each other for who we are then understanding comes in to play and hell who knows we might even one day have a woman president. That is not equality it is understanding and love.

Yeah you can send this out if you want. I am not as involved as the others but if you want them to hear a different voice then go ahead.