[lbo-talk] FW: gas Hydrogen

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 12:14:51 PDT 2005

Wojtek posted:

<http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=cfeb17de-d945-4db4-87a6-090911200e96&page=1>

Can this man save the world?

Everyone wants to cut car emissions. Sooner or later, someone will find a way to do it. Joe Williams hopes it's him.

WILLIAM MARSDEN The Gazette

Saturday, September 17, 2005

<snip>

It's a scientific fact that adding hydrogen to a combustion chamber will cause a cleaner burn. The challenge has always been to find a way to get the hydrogen gas into the combustion chamber in a safe, reliable and cost-effective way.

Williams claims he has achieved this with his H2N-Gen. His product, he said, produces a more complete burn, greatly increasing efficiency and reducing fuel consumption by 10 to 40 per cent - and pollutants by up to 100 per cent.

[...]

The key claim here is that this device, this H2N-Gen, inserts hydrogen into the combustion process at sufficient density to enhance efficiency without increasing risk (hydrogen is not as wildly dangerous as the Hindenburg legend -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindenburg_disaster -- has led generations to believe but it does require proper handling).

The only references to this unit's testing I could find were endless repititions of the Montreal Gazette article, with some variations. I wasn't able to locate any peer reviewed tests. At this point, it's difficult to say how valid the company's claims are. I don't doubt that hydrogen electrolysis is occurring. The real question is whether or not H is being used to reliably increase combustion and reduce emissions to the extent stated.

Here's a discussion (of mixed quality -- some very well informed postings, others little more than rants) of this topic at Slashdot:

<http://science.slashdot.org/science/05/09/18/1638204.shtml?tid=187&tid=14>

.d.