[lbo-talk] white Americans think Kanye West is wrong

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Sep 22 11:28:57 PDT 2005

Charles:
> I feel you , Wojtek. My own frustration with America is that in my youth
> there was great movement to make things better. Whatever the shortcomings
of
> the "60's", it represented sincere desire, sacrifice and effort by masses
> end racism, poverty, war, general social ills. Idealism ( in the good

This was the image that I had and what I hoped to find when filling those immigration papers in 1980. But what I found when I got of the boat was that piece of shit Reagan - or rather his handlers, since he was already brain dead back then and just did what he was told - making his "revolution."

Just like in that old Bill Gates joke - the heavenly image turning out to be just a screen saver.

Wojtek