[lbo-talk] DC

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:57:37 PDT 2005

The logistics expenses for D.C. are being borne entirely by ANSWER to the tune of $52K.No secret I wish UfPJ hadn't buckled under to the ANSWER/TONC/WWP/PSL "tankie, " Sta-loons. (Imagine if the first big anti-war demo in '65 at the Washington Monument of 30,000 or so had been dominated by the howling of Marcyites from Youth Against War and Fascism, instead of Paul Potter of SDS, A.J. Muste and Norman Thomas.) UfPJ has much more effective outreach to mainstream constituencies and orgs, has over time demonstrated greater organizing abilities than ANSWER, so this mystifies me.In S.F. Dick Becker only last night agreed to "a" UfPJ affilated speaker, like a staffer from AFSC.

Denver rally, see no leaflets anywhere here in left-liberal middle class enclave Capitol Hill district, except at the pizza joint w/ the anarchoid, nose-ringed punks who make a great slice near Wax Trax Records, a great store. Speakers tomorrow at the State Capitol only well known national figure, Jeff Paterson of NION. Last time I saw him at a Bay Area United Against The War meeting at a S.F. he had the burned out, thousand yard stare look of GI in battle.

-- Michael Pugliese