[lbo-talk] DC

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 23 17:58:19 PDT 2005

Doug says:

> So how many people are going to DC tomorrow to demand an end to the
> war? I'm just not hearing much talk about it, so I'm wondering
> about turnout.

In addition to getting married and organizing the wedding ceremony (a very holy one officiated by NO FEWER THAN FIVE pastors!) and reception, we've been selling bus tickets ($60 per seat), and we are sending two 57-seat buses (full!) at 12:30 AM tomorrow. Cbus IndyMedia youths are responsible for another bus. And then there are people going by cars, vans, etc. Columbus, Ohio will be well represented.

Cindy Sheehan and the Bring Them Home Now Tour <http:// bringthemhomenowtour.org/> have raised people's morale. At the same time, Katrina and Rita have shown -- even to Republicans -- that the elite in charge of the federal government are not just liars but -- worse -- clueless incompetents. Whatever the turnout of this particular demo, we can and should aim for "regime change" before the next presidential election. As Paul Krugman noted today, it feels like the late 1970s.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>