[lbo-talk] DC

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Sep 23 22:11:59 PDT 2005

Mark Rickling wrote:

> I'll be walking with the DC Labor for Peace and Justice feeder march,
> then volunteering as "security" for the Operation Ceasefire concert.
> Someone doing far more organizing than I thought there'd be a turnout
> in the neighborhood of 100,000.

Probably not. It always looks that way when you are a DC-based activist.

Michael and I have a beer and pizza bet on the actual turnout. The problem is that ANSWER will once again inflate the actual turnout while the police department--which claims it doesn't do crowd estimates--will confirm with the press that the made-up number by ANSWER is accurate. My theory is that the DC police love ANSWER because ANSWER never pushes the envelope with anything illegal.

Which is why the leftist antiwar movement is a marginal joke. Well, it's not even a joke, because it's not funny that so many activists march like zombies to Washington to stick their collective noses up the asses of ANSWER.

Chuck