[lbo-talk] DC

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 16:16:33 PDT 2005

Twenty five years ago folks used to make the same gripe about the CP and the SWP. I never liked the politics of the old CP, but at least they went through the motions of outreach, even if they also had a fair number of 'fronts.'Those outfits are now shadows of their former selves and can no longer pull big mobilizations off (even if they wanted to). That leaves Answer to fill the vacuum. Everybody likes to gripe about them (and there are reasons to, for sure). But the frightening thing is that if they disappeared, who would fill their shoes? I shudder to think about what the anti-war movement would look like in the Bay Area if they disappeared - a couple of RCP fronts and some non-profit executive directors holding a press conference? SR