[lbo-talk] DC

ravi listmail at kreise.org
Sat Sep 24 20:04:56 PDT 2005

Just the other day (24/9/05 1:57 pm), Doug Henwood opined:
> Jordan Hayes wrote:
>> Doug writes:
>>
>>> Train (when it's running): $80
>>> Plane: $120.
>>
>> A 50% premium, but still pretty decent. Note that Acela is $126.
>
> You're not counting cab fare, which is about $25-30 each way. Since I
> have an unlimited ride Metrocard, the subway ride is "free" (i.e.,
> marginal cost = 0). So, roundtrip by train: $160. Roundtrip by plane:
> $290. Plus I don't have to take my shoes off for the goddam TSA.

actually, as i pointed out multiple times onlist, if you really did have a posse (say one of 6 or more playaz), then amtrak would've given you 90% off passengers 3-6. you do the fine math, but thats probably approx $64 a person, *round-trip*.

--ravi

-- If you wish to contact me, you will get my attention faster by substituting "r" for "listmail" in my email address. Thank you!