[lbo-talk] Re: DC

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Sep 25 08:54:08 PDT 2005

Tom Walker wrote:

> It seems to me that to be effective the rally only had to be large
> enough to boost the morale of the people who are continuing on.

Indeed. I would only add, that that boost in morale must enlarge the number of those who carry on back home. Several of the women from Bloomington/Normal who went to DC had not been active locally, but they were already planning to enlarge their local activity when they left, and it sounds as though the rally was large enough and enthusiastic enough to strengthen that intention. And the local demo (120-150) was large enough both to draw back several 'veterans' who had lapsed in their activity and (my estimate) add as many as 10 to those who will participate actively from now on.

The Demos clearly have been, nationwide, a far greater success than I had hoped for.

Carrol