[lbo-talk] life at the top

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 25 10:00:29 PDT 2005

New York Post [Page Six] - September 25, 2005

THE DOC AND THE 'FAT' MODEL

IN his new book "Confessions of a Park Avenue Plastic Surgeon," doctor-to-the-stars Cap Lesesne offers a bonanza of blind items about some of his famous patients.

Lesesne, who briefly dated Katie Couric, recalls when legendary photographer Francesco Scavullo was shooting "Anna," a Danish model, for a Victoria's Secret ad campaign. The lensman called up Lesesne because "he was bothered by a little smidge of hip fat pinching over the [bikini] string," the doctor writes.

"He needed to finish the shoot in three days," so Scavullo forced the girl to go under the knife right away. "I did the procedure the next morning, a Saturday," Lesesne relates. "We put iced towels on her until Sunday evening, and Scavullo shot on Monday, using concealer to cover what was left of the bruise."

Among other amazing anecdotes:

Lesesne was at a Hollywood awards gala when a director pointed to a major movie star, saying, "I would cast him if he weren't such a lush and he didn't look like he'd been partying all night long. Can you make him look less dissipated?" He did.

When he operated on a Middle Eastern queen, her bodyguard threatened Lesesne's anesthesiologist, "If she dies, I will kill the doctor and you. I have diplomatic immunity."

"Diego," a "powerful Venezuelan oil magnate" called up screaming after Lesesne performed waist and hip liposuction. "You son of a bitch, you turned my penis black! My testicles are black!" he shrieked. "I'm gonna kill you!" Lesesne said Diego had wrapped his bandage too tight, cutting off circulation to the groin, and that it would go away.

"Frank, a New York anchorman, order[ed] me to make him look younger by removing the fat bags in his lower eyelids," Lesesne relates, "after his production manager comment[ed] on Frank's late-night carousing, a particularly deflating comment since Frank spends his nights at home, prepping for work."

"Liz," a "73-year-old dynamo and legend in the public relations field," had Lesesne change her breast implants three times in two years. "I change my breast size depending on who I'm dating," she told him. When he refused more procedures, she whined, "Can't you just put in a zipper?"