Costs of big marches- Re: [lbo-talk] DC

Jim from_alamut at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 15:42:25 PDT 2005

Demos seem to be a part of the DC economy. I get the idea that DC makes a lot of money on demo's (tho the city may grumble about overtime police pay....if it weren't for the overtime alot of police could not afford to live in the DC area). So what I am getting at is maybe it would shock the system more if we place a moritorium on all protests in DC for say five years.

Another idea; Instead of democ in large cities take them on tour thru the small towns of middle america and the deep south.

Jim Davis Ozark Bioregion, USA

My latest books:

"The Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims: A Short Introduciton" http://www.lulu.com/content/114194

"Pure Land Now!" http://www.lulu.com/content/116320