[lbo-talk] DC

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 25 22:54:40 PDT 2005

Max spoke and we listened:

There were a lot of normal-looking types at the march, but during the day I kept thinking, gee there sure are a lot of aging hippies still around.

That observation makes me cheerful. Yeah, you still see 'em down here too. In fact, I saw a few at the May Day demo in Fremantle this year. They tend to be more vocal than the rest of the crowd. Maybe they're freaks! Freaks always tended to be more political than garden variety hippies.

Pleading guilty to remaining an unreconstructedhippiecommie, Mike B)

****************************************************************** "The insight into the fact that thinking is mediated by objectivity does not negate thinking, nor does it negate the objective laws that make it thinking."

Adorno, NEGATIVE DIALECTICS

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal