[lbo-talk] DC: Costs of big marches

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Sep 26 08:10:21 PDT 2005

Bryan Atinsky :
>I always find it embarrassing on some level to go to a demonstration and
yell simplistic slogans and carry signs. But that is the structure of a demonstration, one couldn't exactly carry a sign that went into all the nuances of a political stand, the font size would be so small you would need to be standing no more than one foot from the sign to get its message

^^^^^^^

CB: When you say "embarrassing", I'm curious as to who you think will think badly of you. Does the simplicity of voting make it embarrassing ? Maybe that's why it is done behind a curtain sometimes.