[lbo-talk] DC

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 26 14:20:01 PDT 2005

>I don't know if you consider Germany to be outside of
>Washington, but two left-wing daily papers, Junge
>Welt, www.jungewelt.de, and Neues Deutschland,
>www.nd-online.de, put coverage of the protests in
>Washington on the front page of both papers.

FWIW the voice of reaction paper (versus the voice of the aggresively ignorant paper) in these parts, in their coverage of DC events quoted an organizer with an attendance figure of 100,000, followed by a DC cop agreeing with that estimate.

Their photographic coverage on the other hand was a color picture of 40 counter-demonstrators who had some kind of giant US flag with 'pictures of everyday life' in it. Or, to channel Chuck for a minute, .04% of the cited demonstrator population gets the picture.

This is the same paper that, with no apparent sense of irony, refers to people held without detention, charge or trial for close to 4 years now as 'terrorists', 'suspected terrorists' or 'prisoners with links to terrorism'.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon