[lbo-talk] San Francisco March

Adam Souzis adamsz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:35:53 PDT 2005

> Jordan Hayes wrote:
>
> >They might have had too much competition from the Love Parade.
> >
> >http://www.loveparadesf.org/
>
> Curiously the Elliott Wave Theorist read the cancellation of the
> Berlin Loveparade as a sign of a secular bear market. It peaked with
> the market in '99 or '00 - a celebration of techno-optimism. Now that
> we're in techno-despair, we don't do that sort of thing anymore.
> Except maybe in SF - how was the turnout?
>
> Doug

actually the demo (which seemed to me the biggest one in quite a while) probably gave the Loveparade quite a boost since the demo came first and ended up a couple of blocks from the loveparade. So you could go to both and from the looks of it, quite a few people did. Have no idea how to guage turnout, but the demo seemed bigger to me. Whatever the Loveparade may have signified in berlin, here its just some corporate-sponsored music festival. Nonetheless, I would say techno-optimism is definitely still alive and well in SF.

-- adam