[lbo-talk] Re: Religion and Nazi Collaboration

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 27 01:52:51 PDT 2005

Chris Doss wrote about the Crimean Nazi collaborators,

Amongst other amazing things, this ironic, Freudian translation slip: "have gathered to be mobilized" should be "have gathered to be pray." ***********************

Thanks for posting those translations from 1942 and 1944, Tovarich Doss! How all of this has been forgotten, brushed into the memory hole as so much of the experience of WWII has--especially in places where people have had access to information and should have known better--like in the Western industrialized bourgeois democracies. However, the dominant ideas, trump, trump, trumping for decades make us think that we have "true" graps of the horrors of Nazi occupation in the USSR because we watched Walter Cronkite's narration of "Air Power" or "Victory at Sea".

Bush, Cheney and the neo-Cons are preying as we read.........

Your friendly, Mike B)

****************************************************************** "The insight into the fact that thinking is mediated by objectivity does not negate thinking, nor does it negate the objective laws that make it thinking."

Adorno, NEGATIVE DIALECTICS

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal