[lbo-talk] leadership

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Tue Sep 27 14:32:05 PDT 2005

Doug wrote:
>An interesting datapoint for those who say that white leftists in the
>US should take leadership from blacks. From Gallup:
>
>>The Racial Divide
>>Opinion of the Democratic Party
>>Blacks are much more likely than whites to view the Democratic Party
>>positively. Seventy-two percent of blacks have a favorable opinion
>>of the Democratic Party, while 18% view it unfavorably. Among
>>non-Hispanic whites, 44% rate the party favorably and 43% rate it
>>unfavorably. [Sep 8-11, 2005]

Did the poll pit it against the Republican party (implicitly or explicitly)? Or vs. an independent black-led, black-oriented "Liberation Party"? I'd like to see the numbers on _that_ one. And I suspect the negatives from whites show mostly Republicans, not so much those who don't think the Democrats are left enough.

Jenny Brown