[lbo-talk] comments on our government

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 14:46:11 PDT 2005

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
><http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050927/wl_afp/usweatherstorm_050927165428>
>
>"Our government sucks. They're horrible. You want to know why? Because they
>don't consider us to be poor here... Bush, he dropped food to foreign
>countries and he can't get to his own people," said Christina Guerra, 35,
>of storm-hit Orange, Texas.

BTW, what do you think of the Administration's "Louisiana Sucks" counteroffensive? NB, the House testimony today of Michael Brown, emergency response hobbyist and acclaimed former ethics commissioner for the International Arabian Horse Association: ""It's my belief that FEMA did a good job in the Gulf states. ... My biggest mistake was not recognizing by Saturday that Louisiana was dysfunctional."

<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/27/national/nationalspecial/27cnd-response.html?hp&ex=1127880000&en=71ada2ab2ae33ea1&ei=5094&partner=homepage>

Carl