[lbo-talk] free blog space?

ravi listmail at kreise.org
Wed Sep 28 07:44:41 PDT 2005

At around 28/9/05 12:26 am, oudeis wrote:
> I need to set up a free blog, but i really dislike blogger,
> livejournal, etc. anyone know of a free space to blog that's reliable,
> doesn't feel like i'm in a shopping mall, etc.?

* myblogsite.com (the one i use)

- different post types: article, review, etc - hierarchical organization (sub-sub-...-categories) - blog post bookmarklet - user registration and fine-grained permissions - notifications - trackback, pingback support, permalinks - multiple "favourite" links lists - photo gallery support (if you like that sort of stuff) - keywords support - RSS feed support

others that i have tried and found acceptable:

* blogsome.com * blogspirit.com * iblog.com * iuplog.com * blogger.com * livejournal (primitive, IMHO) * xanga.com (adsite)

i tried a whole lot more and created a feature matrix, but can't find it now.

another option:

1. think of a domain name you would like to own. i will register it for you and host it.

2. i will install either nucleus or b2evolution (or wordpress if you really prefer that), or a wiki or full CMS.

--ravi

-- If you wish to contact me, you will get my attention faster by substituting "r" for "listmail" in my email address. Thank you!