[lbo-talk] Lyndie England

PulpMistress info at pulpculture.org
Wed Sep 28 21:11:30 PDT 2005

At 11:57 PM 9/28/2005, jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> > Leigh Meyers wrote:
> >
> > >She had a DUTY, personal or Geneva
> > >Accords, to refuse illegal orders, and she didn't. TOO BAD!
>
>The duty to refuse an order is nearly non-existant. I'm not sure you
>understand the level of brainwashing
>these kids receive.
>
>John Thornton

The guy who turned them in was treated as persona non grata. What message does this send people currently in the military?

goshes.

i hope everyone's running around denouncing car bombers as much as they denounce lyndie. sheesh. well, that's not cool actually. i suppose there's a good explanation as to why one need be denounced and not the other, why one must attack explanations for their behavior as if it was an excuse. i'm not sure what it is though. i'm all ears.

Culture Lab http://www.pulpculture.org