[lbo-talk] losers [ was: Lyndie England

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 12:30:12 PDT 2005

Wojtek:

Welcome to individualistic America where those who are screwed up worship the hand that screws them up in the vain hope that one day they may be owners of that screwing hand. That is the secret that makes the US capitalism going, and going, and going. People, not capital, are their own worst enemies by giving the capital power to screw them up and doing so to get a little bit ahead of the others.

===============

Hmmm.

Super-heated debates of individual perfidy and "bleeding heart apologists" aside, I now realize that I'm fascinated by your general style of presentation Wojtek.

My imagination is running wild with potential applications.

[scene: early morning, breakfast table]

Wife: Hey, where's that cutting board I bought last week?

Me (Woj-icized): In this filthy cesspool of astounding stupidity, this Amurikkka, it's customary for the slack jawed citizenry to greet the morning by absolving themselves of any and all failings before jumping into their over-sized SUVs for yet another day of useless consumerism, road rage and other examples of unchecked aggressiveness and, of course, the aforementioned stupidity. Which is stupid.

Wife: Um, yeah, okay...where's the cutting board?

Me (Woj-icized): US'ers, typically, with their love of loud, self aggrandizing displays such as blasting hip hop out of the open windows of their SUVs, Girls Gone Wild behavior and other examples of crassness, love their debauched state, wallowing in it like the veritable pig in shit.

Wife: Listen, I'm going to count to three...do you know where the cutting board is or don't you?

Me (Woj-icized): As H.L Mencken wrote...

[loud sound of plate impacting with head]

Me: (Woj-icized): There's no need for all that. I was only challenging breakfast table bromides.

.d.

---------

http://monroelab.net/ <<<<<>>>>> "Get outta that spaceship and fight like a man!"