[lbo-talk] Kos on Marches

J. Tyler jptyler at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 29 18:54:11 PDT 2005

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> If a poll could be taken wouldn't you say the 97% of those
> marching on Sat. or doing CD on Monday or lobbying Congress
> disagree w/ ANSWER being allowed through their bullying and
> reserving in advance all the permits for potential dates and
> locations for rallies months in advance to arrogate to
> themselves an unwarrented leadership role in a peace
> movement, when they have a well stated opposition to peace
> and non-violence?

(1) How could ANSWER bully anybody? How could anybody be scared of ANSWER? I'll kill ANSWER before I'd be bullied by it. I can't imagine anybody being scared of ANSWER.

(2) Does ANSWER get permits for every weekend of the year or something? Or does September 24 have some great significance such that ANSWER got a permit months or years in advance? I really don't get it.

In conclusion, I doubt that any of those marching polled would disagree that ANSWER bullied anybody or played unfair by getting a permit for the weekend of September 24. In fact, I doubt that 3% of those marching know or care who ANSWER is or what it stands for. Fuck all, at least they're doing something.