[lbo-talk] Kos on Marches

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Fri Sep 30 06:58:56 PDT 2005

-----Original Message----- From: Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org>

>J. Tyler wrote:

>> (2) Does ANSWER get permits for every weekend of the year or something?

>It's actually kind of devious.

<snip>

> ANSWER would not work at all with the other groups, but they would
quietly apply for protest permits for all of the standard venues (Dupont Circle, Freedom Plaza, Lafayette Park, etc.)

It had nothing to do with ANSWER, but about twenty years ago, I was involved in a 5 AM footrace to get first in line for a permit at such a venue. There were two of us running for our side, and since my name was going to be on the permit, the other cat was there in the event that it was necessary to throw a block against our competition. (It was a straight-up right-left competition, not an in-fight.)

As it turned out, I was pretty fast on my feet--a good thing, because the other cat +really+ didn't need anything else on his rap sheet. I have rather fond memories of him overall, asshole that he could be notwithstanding.