[lbo-talk] Mussolini, Trotskyist

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 08:55:28 PDT 2005

I'm reading Mussolini's memoirs. On page 220, Il Duce says:

"I told them [the Nazis] to create an independent Poland; but they maintained and still maintain that Russia is a deadly peril to Western and European civilization. I tried in vain to convince Hitler that this was a meaningless phrase, sinnlos, like that of the New Order. Stalin has killed Bolshevism, by putting to death men of the first water, real 'big guns' like Kamenev. In contrast to Trotsky, he has completely renounced world revolution. To this day Hitler is anchored to his convictions. I was the first to recognize the USSR, I asked Litvinov to Rome and we signed a pact of friendship." (!!!)

Nu, zayats, pogodi!