[lbo-talk] losers [ was: Lyndie England

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Sep 30 12:20:29 PDT 2005

Dick:
> We used to do the same thing, about 20 of us. Guess what? You're 1 out of
> 21 who had that experience.
>
> The rest of us saw people cooperate to change the rules. Every, single
> time. You will find same among other teachers at a list dedicated to
> teaching sociology.
>
> Add that story to the endless stories you recycle that supposedly show how
> awful the joint it.
>
> Someone here was keeping a list of them. Awesome idea: Wojtek's List of
> Woes and Wild Generalizations that can't be supported by the evidence.

Sociology is a great discipline, isn't it? It has room for all types of cranks that cannot tell the difference between their own demons that haunt them, wishful thinking, sociological imagination, and empirical reality. Great stuff for those who are open minded, but it loses much credibility among the more mundane and mainstream folk.

Wojtek