[lbo-talk] losers [ was: Lyndie England

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 14:55:42 PDT 2005

D.G. wrote:

If it makes people turn away in embarrassment, that's exactly the point. If it makes people feel superior, that's exactly the point. If it makes people feel that, underneath it all, they really do believe people deserve their lot in life, all the better. Face it head on for a change.

I agree.

The arc of events, even from the point of view of someone not directly involved but informed of the general outline, has been disturbing to the point of horror.

Part of the horror springs from a daily suppressed recognition of my own vulnerability. This vulnerability, which all of us who're not super wealthy, members of the ruling class or gods share in common, manifests in a universe of ways, both visible and hidden.

D.G. is describing one of these manifestations, countering glittering abstractions with hard as steel experience.

Under the circumstances, short tempers, hurt feelings and failures to communicate are inevitable.

Nevertheless I think it's important the theoretical be made flesh.

.d.