[lbo-talk] losers [ was: Lyndie England

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Fri Sep 30 15:12:29 PDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Doug:
>> Etc. So what is it about US society that makes us produce so many
>> "criminals," and so many prisoners? There's almost nothing comparable
>> anywhere else on earth.
>
> Complex question, there is no simple answer to that, but I will try to make
> a long story short (relatively, that is :)). Based on my understanding of
> literature, factors that affect delinquent behavior (which includes but is
> not limited to crime) are:

[thoughtful sociological analysis snipped]

I can't quite wrap my head around this: every so often, Woj provides thorough, thoughtful, sociological analyses of social problems, and then in his next post he's grumbling about hiphop and lazy poor people and feeble minded leftists. All these posts are by the same guy?

Miles