[lbo-talk] Wonder Showzen, Season 2 began last night

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 05:06:41 PST 2006

LA Times on Wonder Showzen, below. Season 2 began last night, March 31. I posted a clip fromt he show here a week or so ago; that clip is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mHeeyHEycE

LA TIMES:

You quite possibly do not know that it's time for a second season of "Wonder Showzen," beginning tonight at 9:30 on MTV2. Even if you are aware of the show — or perhaps especially if you're aware of it — you may be surprised that it's back, for it is obscene, blasphemous, scatological, scabrous, gross, gruesome, unpleasant, unpatriotic, distasteful, exploitative, violent, bloody, juvenile, puerile, perverse, pustulant and undoubtedly bad-smelling. I do not mean that necessarily as a criticism.

It's indicative of how wide and deep the television world has become that such a thing can air at all; one almost feels proud of the medium, in a half-ashamed kind of way. The show became a cult and, here and there, a critical hit last year, with replays on Comedy Central — a corporate cousin under the vast Viacom sun — and downloads available through iTunes. This week, the first eight-episode season became available on DVD.

http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-et-wondershowzen31mar31,0,7991985.story?coll=la-home-headlines