[lbo-talk] Belarus elections

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 14:13:57 PST 2006

I agree. My point was that form and content of a government don;t necessarily coincide. Belarus, which is run by an unsavory autocrat, has done much better than its former Soviet neighbors that have adopted (ostensibly) "democracy." The average wage in dictatorial Belarus is like 4 times as high as in supposedly democratic Georgia (the president of which got 97% in the election, hmmm, best not to go there, OECD didn't condemn it).