[lbo-talk] happiness pays? [title clarified]

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 10:27:55 PDT 2006

I posted the text from a web-site of a psychologist at the University of California-Riverside, summarizing her research on happiness. One key point of hers was that "happy" people -- those with a basically happy personality as opposed to those who are depressed or (I guess) manic -- do better in life, even following capitalism's standards of what "better" means.

In other words, one doesn't just become happy because life hands you roses; life is more likely to hand one roses if one have a sunny personality.

On 4/2/06, Carrol Cox wrote:
> Somehow I missed all the beginning posts of this thread. Were they under some other subject head? Who said that happiness did or did not pay?<

-- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles