[lbo-talk] Brad DeLong's dubious view of layoff restrictions

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Apr 2 20:03:27 PDT 2006

Miles Jackson wrote:

>> --and almost all men! (I would have loved to spend more time with my
>> kids when they were infants, but it was economically infeasible.)

And now that you mention it, I would be willing to bet that the more time men have to spend and bond with their kids, the less likely it is for them to walk out...or to walk out and leave their families without any financial support. So, if govt/society were willing to enable that bonding to take place, it might pay off in the long term with more stable marriages and more paternal support if there is a separation.

I guess the Scandinavian countries have already figured that out.

Joanna