[lbo-talk] What's the Matter with New York City?

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 3 09:56:03 PDT 2006

Doug wrote:

>Also, we have a much more diverse immigrant population.

Ballots in Los Angeles County have to be translated into Spanish, Tagalog, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese, but you're basically right about the preponderance of Spanish speaking immigrants. Here's a little anecdote from a story on one of those ridiculous English only moves:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/politics/cal/la-me-english19mar19,1,5198306.story?coll=la-news-politics-california