[lbo-talk] Israel, Ireland, and South Africa

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Apr 3 12:51:23 PDT 2006

Patrick Bond wrote:

>>But there's not much accumulation of any kind going on in SA, as
>>you've pointed out yourself.
>
>Sure there is: superexploitation. We just had a conference on it,
>and the papers are up at http://www.ukzn.ac.za/ccs (under 'economic
>justice'). Join us.

Near-0 growth rates (you keep saying the official stats overestimate growth, and the official stats are pretty dismal) and low rates of investment do not signify accumulation in any significant way. SA capital has fled for London listings, no? If there were significant accumulation going on, capital would be flowing into SA, and it's not.

Join what? How?

Doug