[lbo-talk] Israel, Ireland, and South Africa

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Mon Apr 3 19:51:09 PDT 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Devine" <jdevine03 at gmail.com>
> I can see what's meant by uneven development getting worse and worse
> (increasing inequality?), but what does "uneven/combined development"
> getting worse and worse mean?

Ah, the 'combined' part - the parasitic way capital invades the commons and draws out surpluses from non-capitalist spheres of life - seems to be intensifying (hence 'accumulation by dispossession' as a critical new category).

And 'uneven' isn't just inequality, it's the polarisation of accumulation processes, and differential valorisation/devalorisation across spaces, sectors, scales... Sorry that this sounds jargon-ridden, it's shorthand (I can supply some cites off list if you want the long drawn out version).