[lbo-talk] Slavoj Zizek: The Philanthropic Enemy

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 22:27:12 PDT 2006

>This essay was disappointing. I mean this is very old news.
>
>Joanna

Really? I thought Bill Gates had lately gained credibility as the most admirable uber-benefactor since the "fabuloulously wealthy" but regretably fictive John Beresford Tipton (CBS's "The Millionaire," 1955-60) thrilled the nation each week giving away "one million dollars tax-free to a person he had never even met."

IMO, Americans can never be reminded often or forcefully enough that the wealthy are acquisitive monsters whose primary, malignant effect on society is not remedied by egotistical good works.

Carl