[lbo-talk] Chinese influence in Brazil worries US

Seth Ackerman sethackerman1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 5 18:33:21 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> But I'm sure there are those who will tell us that this is all an
> illusion, and that US domination remains intact - some of the same
> people who will tell us that the US economy is (always) on the verge
> of a crash!

I don't know what US dominance means anymore. What exactly are we fighting for? Our capitalists want the same things as their capitalists. Maybe 70 years ago ours were in a race with theirs over whose export share was highest. Now exports don't matter. GE doesn't care if stuff is made in upstate New York or in China. How would we know if the US was losing its dominance?

Seth