[lbo-talk] WBAI web stream upgrade

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 6 17:30:02 PDT 2006

<http://stream.wbai.org/> is LIVE

Thanks to the Icecast (streaming server software) installation I completed two weeks ago, the WBAI archive web server is now also streaming to the public. Also, big thanks goes out to the WBAI archive server, now the WBAI archive "and streaming" server for all of its hard work - I could not have done all this without your cooperation and service (or without your RAM and processor).

Ultimately, here is the breakdown of the various individual and total streaming capacities as per my setup:

2500 maximum simultaneous users (more than ever before)

bitrate/quality breakdown:

200 @ 16 kbps (prior to tis set up, 16 kbps was only available quality) 1000 @ 24 kbps 500 @ 32 kbps 200 @ 64 kbps (Ku satellite quality sound!) 600 @ 48 kbps

For now, until I get a dedicated PC in place, you will only find offerings at: 32 kbps (mp3 and ogg) and 24 kbps in ogg.

[...]

peace and solidarity!

Pete Korakis Pacifica.org web worker

ps. North Carolina, Tennessee, California, Ohio, the UK, Montreal and more are already listening via the web...