[lbo-talk] Hard-hitting Novels

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 08:19:02 PDT 2006

Probably not by coincidence, I read almost all of these before I was 22. Hence the big life impact.

Ulysses - James Joyce The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner Fear and Trembling (not really a novel) - Soren Kierkegaard OMON-RA - Viktor Pelevin The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky The Violent Bear It Away -- Flannery O'Conner The Divine Invasion -- Philip K. Dick Our Lady of the Flowers - Jean Genet The New Life (not a novel either) -- Dante Alighieri Solaris -- Stanislav Lem Being and Time (not a novel, but a big effect) -- Martin Heidegger

Nu, zayats, pogodi!