[lbo-talk] Something genuinely usefull in robot stopping

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 13:23:12 PDT 2006

http://www.thepcspy.com/articles/security/the_cutest_humantest_kittenauth#postcomment

tinyurl link = http://tinyurl.com/s78mb

You know how stuff to block robots from posting in blogs tends to be these really annoying characters that may block spamm robots, but also blocks folks with bad eyes?

Someone has come up with something that is robot resistant, but does not require great eyes. He has you pick out three photos from a 3x3 grid. In the example linked, he uses kittens mixed with other cute furry animals. Easy task for a human, not the kind of thing software is good at. And you could use anything - have people pick out bicycles from motorcyles, goatees from other beards, beachballs from watermelons.

Simple, clever and as a person with un-terrific eyes, I really find it a much better interface. Posted cause I know our Bitch along with other computer types do read this list.