[lbo-talk] the president's week

Michael Hoover hooverm at scc-fl.edu
Fri Apr 7 16:26:40 PDT 2006

>>> dhenwood at panix.com 04/07/06 6:08 PM >>>
I just started getting the White House's weekly letter. Evidently the president had an excellent week! You'd never know that Bush's approval hit an all-time low of 36% in the latest AP-Ipsos Poll, with the strongly disapprove share of 42% outnumbering the strongly approve share of 18% by more than 2-to-1!
>Thursday, April 6, 2006
>President Bush traveled to Charlotte, NC, to make remarks on the War
>on Terror. The President discussed the strategy for victory in Iraq,
>the progress being made, and the challenges ahead. In the afternoon,
>the President recognized the achievements of the 2005 and 2006 NCAA
>sports champions.

among above champions was one of the cooler baskeball teams in memory, university of florida, includes joakim noah who showed up at white house in casual clothes shooting a peace sign, at welcome home in gainesville the other day following gators deconstruction of ucla, noah used portion of his time at the microphone to remind folks of the legacy of a half century of u.s. nuclear testing in vieques, puerto rico...

and while i think 'big-time' college sports is way overdone, i've been telling people for years that uf is a baskteball school with a pretty good football team... mh