[lbo-talk] Jesus a suicide?

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 8 23:34:58 PDT 2006

Joanna wrote:

It was Nietszche who said that the death of Socrates and Jesus were the two best disguised suicides in history. I always thought he was right; now, there's evidence

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5922_1669766,0015002500000000.htm ****************************************************

Shades of the past come to the fore. Remember "The Last Temptation of Christ"?

As far as I know, this film is still banned in Bulgaria.

Happy Easter, Mike B)

>From a comment posted in the IMDb:

"In The Last Temptation Judas isn't the evil traitor who gets himself killed over a maggot-ridden corpse like in Gibson's tale, but a character so full of love he *agrees* to betray Christ. The act of betrayal here is one of coming to terms with fate very much on the same level as Jesus' acceptance of his self-sacrifice. Judas must betray Christ even though he has grown to love him."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095497/

Read "The Perthian Brickburner": http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal