[lbo-talk] Atheist leaders

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 07:29:51 PDT 2006

No change was made to the Constitution regarding women's rights. I don't think the ROC has a position per se -- it's not that disciplined an organization. It's generally socially conservative though.

Some religious leaders in Muslim regions are trying to bring back polygamy. I'm not sure about women's status in the Buddhist regions of Kalmykia and Tyva.

The ROC has the right to import alcohol and cigarettes, which I think is kind of funny.

--- Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:

> What is the current Russian Orthodox doctrine on
> the status of women ? Did
> the new Russian Constitution remove the women's
> equality provision of the
> Soviet Constitution ?
>
> Charles

Nu, zayats, pogodi!