[lbo-talk] Jesus a suicide?

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 10:03:17 PDT 2006

On 4/9/06, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, it sounds like it could be more ideological fuel
> for suicide bombers. WWJD? He'd kill himself!

supposedly Jesus killed himself (or "died for our sins") so we wouldn't have to do so.

but then again, I am not now and have never been a Christian.

BTW, seeing a cross hanging around one of my students' necks, and then seeing a star of David hanging around another's, I began to wonder what atheists wear? not an "OM" symbol like that of another. No, I was already wearing the right symbol: nothing.

-- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles