[lbo-talk] The inefficiency of the share option incentive

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Apr 9 14:43:01 PDT 2006

As a footnote, in addition to the CEO stock giveaways, there was also a sop for the grunts; they could buy stock for 15% below the market price on the first or last day of the offering period, whichever was lower. This was basically a guaranteed minimum 15% interest on whatever money you could afford to invest month to month. This giveaway has just been changed to the ability for grunts to buy at 15% below market price on the last day of the sixth month period, which is not quite as good.

Joanna