[lbo-talk] Re: Hersh on Bush & Iran

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 10 06:50:08 PDT 2006

Dear list:

Carl writes:

> Marines seem to have fragile personalities

Is it that people with fragile personalities are drawn to the Marine Corps or that the Corps produces people with fragile personalities? Which way does the casuality run?

Also, is this observation empirical or mere anecdote or dreamed-up supposition?

> to have an uncertain sense of their
masculinity

On a purely anecdotal level I must disagree. The Marines I know have a very certain sense of their masculinity and are fabulous queens to boot.

> and quite often to be alcoholics.

Again -- empirical, anecdotal or fantasy?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister