[lbo-talk] Hersh on Bush & Iran

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 10:03:39 PDT 2006

for purposes of evaluation, it's best to separate any military campaign into levels:

US goals: malevolent strategy (invasion, conquest): stupid tactics (light & fast forces, strategic bombing, psyops): very stupid. bottom line: it's a case where evil isn't banal but incompetent (and corrupt).

> Marvin Gandall wrote:
>
> >I also think it's mistaken to consider the invasion of Iraq an act of
> >"stupidity" so much as of miscalculation
>
> Almost everyone who knew anything about Iraq predicted what would
> happen if the US invaded, and the Bush admin ignored or fired them.
> Miscalculation seems too kind a word for that.
>
> Doug
-- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles