[lbo-talk] Hersh on Bush & Iran

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 13:44:50 PDT 2006

Josh wrote: <blockquote>
> American sentiments appear to have finally turned against it, there
> isn't enough action in the streets of America to end the occupation
> before Bush's term is up.

Why do you think action in the streets would be relevant?

The largest protest in the history of the world did nothing last time.</blockquote>

I don't think that the anti-war protests on 15 February 2003 were particularly large if you just look at American protests. Pro-immigrant protests over the last couple of weeks look much better.

Besides, it's not just the size of protests that counts for this sort of thing. The protests would have to be large, militant, and sustained, like the French ones that rescinded the CPE, to the point that the power elite begin to think that the country has become or will soon become ungovernable without changing their behavior.

-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>