[lbo-talk] Fact-checking Anonymous Sources?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 12 12:49:39 PDT 2006

Chuck Grimes wrote:

>If I wanted to impart motives on Hersh, I could argue that he wrote
>an alarmist article to generate outrage, and therefore try to
>influence public opinion against such an action.

Yes. Hersh is a cranky difficult guy - so I hear, I've never met him - but his politics are definitely on the left, and he's very good at what he does. While I understand the temptations of using someone's leak who may not share your politics, I don't think there's any doubt that he'd like to stop the maniacs in charge from nuking Iran, and I don't get what Yoshie's driving at.

Doug